Working towards the SAFE and IMMEDIATE release of a hijacked vessel and crew members (or hostages), the SPECIAL PROJECTS TEAM’s ability to resolve key cases smoothly and professionally is credited to our extensive experience, local knowledge and understanding of CRIMINAL and PIRATE BEHAVIOUR (and motives).
UTILISING OUR INFLUENCE WITHIN EAST AFRICA & THE HOA, OUR UNIT CAN:
- Locate a specific CLAN, SUB-CLAN, GROUP or PIRATE MILITIA
- Locate / Identify a specific CLAN or PIRATE MILITIA member
- Locate a HIJACKED VESSEL or GROUP of HOSTAGES
- Arrange / provide PROOF OF LIFE VIDEO (POL), PICTURES & COMMUNICATION
- Establish & maintain key COMMUNICATION-LINKS, ensuring that ALL PARTIES remain in contact (vessel operators / owners, negotiation team and pirate group)
THE SPECIAL PROJECTS TEAM WILL RE-ESTABLISH COMMUNICATION IF LOST OR BROKEN-DOWN. IN ADDITION, WE WILL HELP RESOLVE ANY KEY ISSUES OR MISSUNDERSTANDINGS BETWEEN EACH PARTY / GROUP.
Maritime Intelligence Services
With a large focus on MARITIME CRIME, our maritime intelligence services are designed to minimise risk to vessels transiting or operating in High-Risk Areas.
- Smuggling & Trafficking Networks
- Kidnap & Human Trafficking
- Maritime Crime & Piracy
- Extremist Activities
- Clan & Militia Activities
Maritime Interdiction Operations (MIO)
As part of our MARITIME SECURITY OPERATIONS (MSO), Specialist Marine Services Ltd. have the RIGHT to CHALLENGE (or investigate) any vessel, ship or boat acting suspiciously or behaving in a manner that could affect or compromise vessel operations or company interests.
IMO ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
- Routine Flag Verification & Vessel Registration Check
- Querying vessels in the immediate area, whilst informing them of our presence
- Visiting (boarding) fishing dhows to “deter & disrupt” any suspicious activity, including acts of piracy, terrorism or of a criminal nature